Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mixed Signals

Anyone who knows me knows that I love my job, but would love my job even more if I were in a higher position. I'm just getting very fed up with the "soon" and the "maybe" and the "changes are coming" script they seem to read every time a new position opens up.

I've worked there for three years, and not just worked there, I've give that place my full attention every single day I walk through the doors. Not to sound like a suckup, but I really do like what I do. I enjoy the hectic chaos that comes through the newsroom day in and day out. When I get to produce the noon, I feel like I've accomplished something... but now I'm ready for more.

Three times now I've applied for vacant producer positions and three times I've been turned down. Well, not turned down, rather told, "Next time. Changes are coming." Well, next time is here again. All of my co-workers tell me I'm pretty much the obvious choice for the position. They all agree that I'd be good at it and that it's my time to shine. I've even been added to the schedule to fill in for the now vacant position.

So why, after my interview with the boss man today, do I feel like I'm not the one they're going to choose? I didn't leave the meeting with an optimistic feeling. I think that they're going to convince me to fill-in on the shift (which didn't take much convincing), let me get my hopes up, let me gain some confidence again, then shoot me down. If I prove that I can handle the job, and I get along with all of my co-workers, and I have more determination than a lot of other people, then why wouldn't someone hire me? I'm ready!! Pick me!! And if you don't pick me please give me a good reason why you didn't.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get the job. Many congrats on your wedding. Wishing you all the best for your work and family :)

    ReplyDelete