Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm a homeowner!!

Oh. My. Goodness. My "to do" list is HUGE!!! We were supposed to close at 11:00am, but then the "closer" pushed it back until 2:30pm. THEN.. she was even later and we didn't finish closing until about 4:30pm. THEN we went to Home Depot and made our fist home related purchase: new locks, some paint samples, and glue for the spot where the linolium flooring is peeling up in the kitchen.

My paint samples didn't work so well. It was supposed to be a light grayish-blue, but turned into a more medium grayish-green, so I'll head back to the paint department tomorrow and look for something lighter and bluer. I love being able to think about things like this! I'm excited to have walls in any shade other than white!

Anyway, to finish up how today went, it was basically a lot of paperwork. There was even a page for me to sign saying that my signature is my own. Sheesh! Talk about what seems like needless paperwork! I can't complain though. The process was overall very simple. Our realtor, mortgage broker, and a closer were all there at closing. The title company is based out of town so they apparently use a "closer" to work with the buyer.

I took some pics of us removing all of the electric outlet covers and taping the living room up to get painted. The pics are on Kevin's phone, so I'll have to post them later.

We did a lot of cleaning this evening. Jamie and Wes came over to help. We got all the weird stains cleaned (pretty much), bleached both bathrooms, mopped the floors, bleached the corners where there was a lot a gunk, and cleaned the walls to get everything ready for paint.

I guess that's all. I'll try to update this thing with our progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment