Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bad ex-boyfriend syndrome

I'm pretty much done looking for a house, but our realtor still sends us updates when he sees something he thinks we'll like.

Well, Lancer Oak didn't sell, so now the price has been reduced and it's going to auction. Silly bankers should've just given it to us in the first place! Now, we have to decide whether to put another, lower offer on the house. (We'd still make them pay for a roof and A/C!)

Of course, our first inclanation is to say yes. We fell in love with the house, we should put another offer on it! The problem is, it has what I call the bad ex-boyfriend syndrom. It wasn't perfect, but I fell in love with it, convinced myself it was meant to be. Then, it left and I cried. We had a bad breakup. I thought nothing else would ever compare until I decided to move on and look for something better. I saw some things that were better, maybe not perfect, but better, so I moved on. I decided screw that house! We don't need it! It's not right for us anyway! And I convinced myself that it's over. You don't go back to your ex-boyfriend, right? So we shouldn't go back to this house.

Of course, this is a silly way to look at it, and probably not very mature. I'm just stating the way I feel. I'm over it, but of course part of me wants to go back. Should we go back? Regardless of how bad it hurt to find out the seller decided to back out of the offer two days before closing...it's still an amazing deal on a house. Yes, the house needs lots of work. Yes, there are nicer houses out there in better shape. But so far, those have not been reachable for us because nobody else has accepted our offer. This is a good house. Strong house. It just needs a lot of TLC, which before.. we convinced ourselves was something we wanted to do.

Bah!
Decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment