Friday, July 17, 2009

I messed up

I've tried really, really hard not to let myself get attached to any single house. But I did fall in love with the home on Kati Lynn Drive yesterday. This afternoon I found out that it sold this morning. An offer was accepted on it THIS MORNING. We saw it last night.

I really feel like we don't have a chance at getting a home. And now, I'll be comparing every place we look at with this home and I just know that nothing else will be good enough. I loved the floor plan too much. I loved that it had a little bit of land. I loved everything about it...even the location, which Kevin wasn't fond of at all.

I feel like if Kevin and I had the chance to talk this home over and decided it wasn't right for us, I wouldn't feel so heart broken. But it got sold before we even had a chance to discuss it thoroughly. This is why I'm so frustrated. EVERYTHING we've liked has been sold out from under us. It just isn't fair.

Sure, I'm whining and complaining. But I came home today crying about a house. The stress is unbearable and I don't even feel like looking at homes anymore. We've looked at..probably close to 30 houses and have found 4 that would work for us. They all sold either way too quickly, or way above listing price and we just can't afford that. I just don't care to look anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there sweetie. I absolutely hated house hunting. I almost gave up many of times, but you got to stick with it. It's a hard unfair game with not very many rules in your favor, but in the end it will be worth all the tears! We also had a house sold that we wanted to put an offer on. We also found out that the house we put an offer on and was shot down ended up selling for less than what we offered for it. It really is a bitch. BUT now that I'm in a house I'm sooo glad that we didn't get either of the houses that I wanted SOOO badly. I promise sweetie it will get better. Everyday another house pops on the market! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete